Welcome to the Undergraduate Student Community
Whether you are finishing your bachelor’s degree at Cal State LA Downtown, continuing on for a master’s degree or changing careers, Cal State LA Downtown Career Services is excited to support your career and professional development goals and needs.
These three tabs on the gold menu bar above contain information geared toward undergrads.
- Career Communities: Explore advice and resources tailored to different career affiliations such as business, education, health/medical services and computer science, among others. In addition, our Next Steps section assists all students with interview and resume preparation, creating portfolios and more.
- Featured Jobs & Employers: Read about job openings and peruse company profiles.
- Resources: View information on all of the services we offer students including tips on interviewing, letter and resume writing, and featured Cal State LA degree programs and non-credit classes.
- Events: Learn about upcoming webinars, in-person events and open houses on campus, and in the wider community, as well as opportunities to connect with employers and alumni.
- Find Jobs/Internships: Here you will find information about the Handshake platform, internships, on-campus jobs and job search tips.
Additionally, many undergraduates find the following websites helpful:
In the 1990s, Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire noticed something that bothered her.
As she worked at her downtown-based executive recruiting firm, Berkhemer Clayton Retained Executive Search, she realized just how few women served on …
You probably know as soon as you experience it. Watch out for these 17 bad management traits.
U.S. News & World Report
These are the red flags of a bad boss.
Employees are now more aware of toxic work environments …
That might seem like a high number to reach in only 12 years. But think about the now-mainstream careers that did not exist just a handful of years ago: drone operator, social media manager, app developer and cloud computing engineer, …
Healthcare is evolving rapidly as medical advances lead to longer lifespans and increased disease management for those previously seen as incurable. Every day there are new and promising treatment options being tested and rolled out, giving hope to those who …