Welcome to the Professional Community
Today, there are many options for career changers. At first glance, options may seem a bit overwhelming- Do I go back to school and get another degree? Do look for a certificate program to enhance my skills? Whether you are seeking a traditional degree, certificate, or certification, it is important to know what route is especially right for you.
Pros of Earning a Certificate
- Equips you with new skills to shift into a new career
- Can substantially enhance your resume and skillset
- Provides an opportunity to expand your network
- Programs are typically shorter in length than obtaining a degree
Pros of Earning a Degree
- Gives you a leg up in the workforce than those with a high school diploma
- Makes you more marketable in a competing job market
- Expands your mind in a specific area
- Challenges you in personal and professional growth
- Improve career prospects
- Boost your salary and economic health
If you are thinking about changing careers, consider vising the CareerOneStop, it is a great place to do some skill assessment, and explore career options. https://www.careeronestop.org/ResourcesFor/CareerChanger/career-changer.aspx
You probably know as soon as you experience it. Watch out for these 17 bad management traits.
U.S. News & World Report
These are the red flags of a bad boss.
Employees are now more aware of toxic work environments …
That might seem like a high number to reach in only 12 years. But think about the now-mainstream careers that did not exist just a handful of years ago: drone operator, social media manager, app developer and cloud computing engineer, …
If there’s anything that dampens the excitement of graduation, it’s applying for your first job. You already have an excellent education and various skills, but how do you translate them into a professional resume and that critical first job?
When you’re applying for jobs, you might encounter hiring managers and recruiters who may seem to be doing the same thing — trying to hire for a specific position. So, what’s the difference between a hiring manager vs recruiter? Knowing what …